When you take your car for its Mot History Check it will be put through a series of rigorous checks to ensure that it is safe to be on the open road. These tests are getting harder to pass and even small problems can cause your car to fail. When your car fails it will be essentially off the road until you get the problems fixed, and this can mean complications that you can do without.
If your car fails its MOT you will have a limited number of days to make the necessary repairs; if you exceed the deadline given to you then you will have to pay for a new exam. With huge mechanics bills looming, too many people are paying for second tests that are unnecessary; when you book your car in to a car checker for a pre MOT you will be able to prepare yourself and budget for the work that needs to be done.
As you can book your car in for its MOT up to one month before its certificate expires, when the time is approaching you should go to one of your nearest Car Garages to prepare your car for the exam. This will give you time to carry out the necessary repairs to ensure that your car will pass, and you will be able to leave your car for repairs when it suits you. By organizing yourself before the MOT you will not have to rush around looking for money for emergency repairs; and you can back date your new certificate for up to a month too.
A pre MOT check means that you will know what is wrong with your car in plenty of time before you need to take it for its official test. Ensure that you use a reputable garage or dealership like Audi Aberdeen for your vehicle check and you will be left with no more worries than simply turning up to the testing station on time.
There are many different investment opportunities and a Cross Currency Swap is one of the most specialized types. This type of investment is based on a swap rate and is not a viable investment option for most individuals. Most of the times an interest rate swap will be done through a clearing houseby companies, firms or banks. This means that Interest Rate Swap Claims are a more commercial investment opportunity. Why Do an Interest Rate Swap? There are many different reasons why an interest rate swap is agreed to by two different parties. On many occasions a company, firm or bank is looking to swap a fixed rate for a floating rate. A fixed rate is constant and does not change. However, a floating rate fluctuates over time and is dependent on the LIBOR. Credit Default Swaps allow companies, firms or banks to hedge against risk or minimize the amount of risk that they are vulnerable to. Fixed for Floating and Floating for Fixed When two parties agree to an interest rate swap they are agreeing to terms. This means that they are agreeing to exchange cash flows that are based on interest rates alone. The principal amount is never exchanged and is simply used to determine the Swap Rates. Interest rate swaps are based on the duration of the swap and the types of payments that will be accepted. Sometimes interest rate swap payments are exchanged periodically throughout the duration, but sometimes they are paid in full at the end. The terms are determined by both parties before the interest rate swap is agreed on. What Risks Are Involved With Interest Rate Swaps? It is important to note that even though an interest rate swap is a specialized investment, it is still open to some risk. All investments are risky, which makes the payoff sweeter in the end. The more risk that you are vulnerable to often determines the amount of profits that can be gained. This means that there are a few risks associated with interest rate swaps. The main risk is that floating rates are very unpredictable and swapping a fixed rate for a floating rate is never completely known. You may luck out and come ahead in the swap, but trying to predict the LIBOR and know floating rates is not an easy task.
Do you have a fussy eater who refuses to eat anything that’s not pasta or bread-based? Fussy eaters can be seriously stubborn so take a break from the battle with your fussy eater and give them the foods that they love. However, try using this delicious vegetables sauce to sneak in the vegetables and nutrients for the sake of your kids health.
You could encourage your kids to help you with making these types of recipes for kids, if you don’t think all the vegetables will scare them away!
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 red/yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- 2 courgettes, chopped into chunks
- Handful of mushrooms, chopped
- 2 peeled carrots, chopped
- 2 aubergine, chopped into chunks
- Sprinkle of dried oregano
- Sprinkle of pepper
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- Cheese (optional)
* This recipe can be altered. Use the vegetables that you already have or that you love adding to your vegetables sauces.
- In a pot add a little butter or olive oil and add all the vegetables and garlic and let soften for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sprinkle in the herbs, sugar (optional) and pepper. Stir to combine
- Cover and let simmer for 30-45 minutes
- Once the vegetables are completely soft, move the mixture to a blender (or use a handheld blender) and blend until a smooth consistency.
- Sprinkle cheese over the sauce if desired.
You can use this vegetable sauce immediately. However, this recipe makes a large portion of vegetable sauce so it is recommended that you store in small pots and freeze so that you can use it in the future for a variety of dishes.
How to Use Vegetable Sauce
Your fussy eater will never suspect that there is all types of vegetables in this delicious sauce so feel free to use it in a variety of dishes. Here are some suggestions:
Home made pizza is a must-try for parents dealing with a fussy eater. This is a great way to get your child involved with the meal-making process. Even if your fussy eater is strictly a cheese-only pizza person, they will still have plenty of vegetables when you use the hidden vegetable sauce.
There are plenty of ‘cheats’ for home made pizza including crumpets, half-baguettes, bagels, and muffins, etc. but if you want to make your own base:
Ingredients (for 2 dough-bases):
- 1 cup of water
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. of fast action dried tear
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl and kneed until you have a smooth pizza dough. Add more flour as needed.
- Divide the dough into 2 separate pieces (or 4) and pat into round shapes.
- Place on greased baking sheet
Continue with making your pizza by adding the hidden vegetable sauce, cheese and toppings of your fussy eaters choice.
This family favourite can even be one of the few meals that your fussy eater will always eat. There are countless variations of Shepherds Pie and it is hard to choose one. Here is a simply recipe where you can use your hidden veggie sauce.
- 9 potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1/ ½ pounds of minced beef/lamb
- 1 tin (28 grams) of hidden veggie sauce
- 3 tsp. chopped parsley
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tins (57 grams) of green beans
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
- Place potatoes in water and boil for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, add the vegetable sauce (tomato sauce), parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and beans to minced beef/lamb.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour with 3 tablespoons of water – add to beef/lamb mixture
- Stir together. Drain the potatoes, mash and spread over the beef/lamb mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Brush the milk over the potatoes for the final 5 minutes of baking
There are plenty of other healthy snacks for kids in which you can use your vegetable sauce. Cover your fussy eaters favourite pasta, fluffy potatoes or rice with it, use it when you make lasagne, cover frittatas or quiches, and more.
You might assume that people with labour-intensive jobs are also workers who have the most back pain problems. But studies, such as a survey recently conducted by the British Chiropractic Association found that 59% of respondents with sedentary jobs have higher risk of having back issues than those with jobs that require heavy lifting or carrying.
Chiropractors and other medical professionals such as a Chiropodist know very well that the lack of physical activity and increasing sedentary lifestyles are taking a toll on our body inside and out. Hunching over a computer, leaning over to cradle the phone to our ear and shoulders, and not including exercise in a daily routine can all lead to misalignments, lower back pain, neck, hip and hamstring stiffness and a variety of serious diseases and conditions such as diabetes, obesity, heart disease, high cholesterol and more.
As any Osteopath will tell you, sedentary individuals miss out on the health benefits of exercise including the healthy movement and nourishment of soft tissues, ligaments and the spine, flexibility and strength. Furthermore, when people are sitting behind a desk all day they tend to sit incorrectly by sitting forward or slouching. This can overstretch the spine; strain the disks and surrounding musculoskeletal structure in the spine. Over time, poor posture and inactivity cause recurrent back pain or chronic back pain.
How Chiropractors Help
Treatments for back and neck pain and injury include pain medication, rest and even invasive surgery but the most effective way to treat and even prevent back pain is through chiropractic care and exercise.
A Chiropractor uses hands-on spinal adjustments or ‘manipulation’ and other effective treatments to properly alignment the body’s spine and musculoskeletal structure to alleviate back pain and encourage the body to heal without surgery or prescription medication. The manipulation will restore mobility to joints, and relieve pain from tendonitis, connective tissue and ligaments after improper posture caused by sedentary lifestyles and office jobs.
Techniques you can use during the daily grind that can help alleviate or prevent pain include:
- Proper chair: Invest in a chair that encourages proper posture.
- Stretch: If you visit a chiropractor they will give you a list of stretches to do or you can find some online. Get up every hour and walk around and stretch, even if you really don’t want to.
- Ice or heat: Pick up a portable ice pack or heating pad and take them to the office and use them throughout the day on your sore muscles or back pain.
- Eat the right food: It’s easy at the office to fuel up on carbs and sugar-filled foods which makes you gain weight and ads pressure to your spine. Stick to health options such as low-fat cheese, vegetables, yoghurt and fruit and drink a lot of water.
You are probably reading this while sitting down at a desk or on your favourite lounge chair. Spending time on your computer or sitting down while having tea with your mates isn’t going to cause chronic back pain but as a Physiotherapist would recommend, it is important to get up and get active for at least 10-15 minutes a day (but preferably more) and practice better posture while at your desk.